Thursday, September 13, 2007

let me at them!

I was at a workshop with the business today. I spent over 2 hours presenting material on:
- what we've been doing,
- what we are about to do,
- prioritising coarse grained requirements,
- discussing a particular chunky concept, and
- gathering new requirements.

It was brilliant. I really enjoy these kind of things.

We started getting the business involved in a more agile development way and showing them how great things can be achieved faster and easier than they imagined (or are used to). All it takes is motivated people and the ability/authority to communicate.

As an example, a requirement that was suggested today, should be further analysed and delivered to production within about a month.

I know that according to Mary Poppendieck that cycle time should be improved, but it's the best I can do right now!

The best comment I received today was from a BA on our team said that she thought I would make a great BA. I take that as a compliment as I like to bust the preconceived ideas about what a developer is. (Damn stereotypes)

No comments: